IMPLEMENTED SO FAR

- Support for 4x20 LCD Display and large number display
- Brightness and contrast adjustment with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC volume control: remote and rotary encoder
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC random filter selection 1 to 5 with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC upsampling selection (L, M, H -this is the OSR setting)
- I2C level shifting (5V to 3.3V)
- Optimized power-up sequence

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Configuring DAC for I2C Operation

Diagram shows how to set the switches to software operation (in this case I2C). Also where to connect the two I2C wires: SCLK, SDIN. SADDR sets the address for the chip which can be set with the switch as follows:
  • I2S=0, address is oo11010
  • I2S=1, address is 0011011 Use this address since it is already configured this way for hardware mode
Notice that the address is only 7 bits. In I2C, the address byte is 7 bits followed by the read(=1)/write(=0) bit. In our case, we want to write, so we use 00110110

Next notice that to switch from H/W mode to S/W mode (I2C mode) you only need to move the mode switch from "0" to "z" and we are done

No comments: