IMPLEMENTED SO FAR

- Support for 4x20 LCD Display and large number display
- Brightness and contrast adjustment with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC volume control: remote and rotary encoder
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC random filter selection 1 to 5 with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC upsampling selection (L, M, H -this is the OSR setting)
- I2C level shifting (5V to 3.3V)
- Optimized power-up sequence

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Got my ARDUINO

Just received my Arduino from NKCelectronics.
  • Connected the I2C LCD, downloaded the 0015 IDE for WinXP, downloaded the LCD libary and tested the "Hello World" example. Incredibly easy!
  • The Arduino is under the green "shield" which I used to install the pull-up resistors (5 Kohm) for the I2C lines (pin 4, 5) and to facilitate connections. IMPORTANT: The picture shows the pull up resistors connected to 5V. I later realized that the OPUS is a 3.3V device. So I now have it connected to the 3.3V pin
  • The LCD brightness and contrast is adjusted in software. I set it for Brightness=200 and Contrast=50. In real life, it looks much better than the picture.

No comments: