IMPLEMENTED SO FAR

- Support for 4x20 LCD Display and large number display
- Brightness and contrast adjustment with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC volume control: remote and rotary encoder
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC random filter selection 1 to 5 with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC upsampling selection (L, M, H -this is the OSR setting)
- I2C level shifting (5V to 3.3V)
- Optimized power-up sequence

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Keypad for Input

I think I am going to use a keyboard to get started. It will be useful for:
  • Selecting the different filters in the DAC
  • Adjusting the digital volume in the DAC
  • Selecting between PCM and DSD in the DAC
  • Mute/unmute

A rotary encoder is a cool feature because it allows the use of a knob and a knob is a big part of audio :-)

I found this keyboard in ebay, which is perfect for my serial LCD which also has input for a 4x4 matrix keypad

No comments: