IMPLEMENTED SO FAR

- Support for 4x20 LCD Display and large number display
- Brightness and contrast adjustment with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC volume control: remote and rotary encoder
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC random filter selection 1 to 5 with remote
- (OPUS/Wolfson WM8741) DAC upsampling selection (L, M, H -this is the OSR setting)
- I2C level shifting (5V to 3.3V)
- Optimized power-up sequence

Thursday, October 15, 2009

LCDUINO-1



When I started my project, I posted in DIYAudio and got totally ignored. Fortunately other people recognized the potential of using Arduino for audio and have invested in making Arduino an "audio-friendly" device.

LCDUINO is an arduino-compatible board (I wouldn't call it a clone because it cannot use "arduino shields"). I believe the primary goal was to build a board of the same footprint as a 16x2 LCD so that it fits neatly behind the LCD, facilitating the construction of something like a headphone amplifier.

The device is the equivalent of an Arduino board (or clone) plus a serial LCD (which is what I used for my project). LCDUINO adds a real time clock, but lacks the USB chip for programming. I think a second goal for the project was to provide a lot of code so that for many purposes, no programming is necessary. If you want to program the board yourself, you will need to purchase a USB to serial converter and connect it to the LCDUINO

The real jewel in LCDUINO is the code that linuxworks is developing for the board which will be available to the user community.


You can find more at linuxworks web site and the AMB website.

No comments: